The message presented itself over and over today. Each teacher touching on it in various different ways. Struggles abound. People are lonely, financially burdened, emotionally raw. Security is scarce or seemingly non-existent. The media gives us headlines that erode our confidence further. An attitude of despair seems to be working its way through the world. These are indeed hard times.
What can I do? What am I doing? Do I feed myself this diet and buy into the ache? I'll admit that I defiantly do at times. And much more than I should. I find it natural and quite often necessary to let myself validate my feelings. Mostly though, I try to keep it brief (sometimes much more successfully than others).
Life is for living. And living well. My goal is to yet again slow it down and raise my head. Searching for the little things that will lift me. And then hopefully use them to also lift others. I am praying that I will not miss these opportunities and gifts.
I have been inspired by this article in the Washington Post.
Would I have stopped?... I hope.
2.22.2009
Finding joy in the journey
Posted by Jen at 12:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
good post jen- glad to see you are back on the blogging world!
Post a Comment